Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 May 2011

Young Tiger

Went for a cycle ride with Phil today. Phil is ex army, half my age and training for a cycle/run challenge race so it was with some apprehension that I accepted his invitation for a ' gentle run out on our bikes ' We had a great ride and Phil kept up a running commentary about life, his hopes, dreams and aspirations etc. Fortunately he didn't seem to notice my lack of  repartee or the tortured gasps from my heaving lungs. We arrived home and as I stood dripping with sweat on the gravel drive I noticed he seemed completely unruffled and ready for another high octane ride just to build up a bit more stamina.

"I really enjoyed that Chris" he said, " We must do that again soon"

" Yes " I replied. " We must "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.