Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Glowing Flowers

Yesterday I worked in Findhorn Foundation's Cluny Garden.
It was quite cold with persistent rain but with spirits undampened I worked with three other gardeners cutting up tree branches.
As a volunteer I am offered a choice of jobs ( nothing is compulsory ) and then having chosen simply get on with it. I love this, as absolved from the responsibility of future planning, my mind is free and open.
Yesterday with this empty mind I was at one with the beauty of nature. The flowers were glowing with, throbbing with, life. The tree buds were celebrating the rain, seemingly opening before my eyes with joy at the nourishment falling from the sky. Blackbirds danced over the lawn to feed on the worms surfacing in the rain. I felt connected to this wonderful energy but at the same time was reminded of my own transience in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.