Total Pageviews

Monday 15 December 2014

The Lake Isle of Innisfree W B Yeats

This poem by W B Yeats was on my mind when painting this. I was listening to Mike Scots fantastic CD ' An Evening with Mr Yeats ' on which he adds music to Yeats poetry. This poem invokes the vision of a cottage by Lake Innisfree. Maybe my cottage is a bit grander than the cabin in the poem but I hope my painting captures the spirit of peace.
Here are the first few lines.
I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there,of clay and wattles made:
Nine bean rows will I have there, a hive for the honey bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

Do look up the rest or buy Mike Scots CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.