Total Pageviews

Friday 24 February 2012

Called to The Source.

Near my house there is a small stand of Scots Pine. They grow on a small hillock in the middle of a large field. I have observed this copse for over two years from a distance and for some reason feel an affinity to those lonely trees. I too experience a sense of isolation even in the midst of the beauty with which I am surrounded. The reality is of course that we can never be really alone for we are all part of the same movement of atoms, forever manifesting and dissolving into the source.
Today I decided to climb over the fence into the field and go close to these magnificent trees. As you can see it was a clear winters day with a low sun and strong wind. The field, still covered by stubble from last years harvest, crackled and shimmered in the slanting light. As I drew closer my sense of separation became less and perhaps that of the trees also. For now, I was not alone in the middle of the universe, but sharing this space with the trees.

I retraced my steps, glad that I had at last visited and made friends with my former acquaintances.

Sometimes all it takes to be aware and at one with the universe is to break out of our habitual routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.