Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Grey. A Buddhist Poem

This is one of my poems. It is expressing the Buddhist concept that life is one unceasing movement. Everything coming into being, fading away and reforming into something new..
According to Buddhist philosophy human unhappiness is compounded by trying to hold onto fixed circumstances. I am reminded of this when I feel melancholy as Summer turns to Autumn and I don't want to think of winter. It also is a reminder that everything is interdependent and independence is an illusion.
We cannot hold back anything or onto anything let alone the seasons. I need to remind myself of this and look forward to the next manifestation which will be beautifully different.
GREY
 
A cold wind moves the grey pines
My heart whispers grey like the air
 
 
The illusion of independence vanishing
Crushed on the grey rocks of reality

The shattered dust of delusion
Reforming in glorious yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.