Total Pageviews

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Poetry with passion

Last Friday night I went to a poetry reading evening at The Picture Framers Art Gallery in Forres. The day before I had been in to see Graham about some picture framing and while waiting I picked up a poetry book by Eileen Carney Hulme. I read one, then another and just had to buy it.

The next night at the poetry evening (which was excellent) this lady was there and although she didn't read any of her work it seems she was mentoring some of the other poets. Anyway the following poem by Eileen Carney Hulme is a typical example of her work. Does it resonate with you?

Indian Summer
 
Like a deep blue wave
of passion
you shore into the room
where I sit waiting quietly,
open-booked.
 
We have moved through days,
loss, pain
to hold this moment,
this picture postcard seascape
of gentle harbouring.
 
You say
'I knew you were here
I could smell you'
and effortlessly I sway
to seal my fate.
 
You taste of ocean,
avenues of grassy dunes,
like a magician
you pluck a tiny pebble
from my hair-
 
Ancient survivor, sun kissed
on this summer afternoon,
unconditionally
I step out of my dress
into your dream.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it absolutely resonates with me. It has a tragic romanticism to it that makes it very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.