Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Cuckoo and God's Creation

Listening to wonderful birdsong the other morning I was ruminating on the perfection of birds. Unlike humans they just are. They never have to make unethical decisions. Yes raptors hunt and kill but never out of conscious cruelty. In the distance I heard a cuckoo which reminded me there is no such thing as complete perfection! What was God thinking of here? As far as I know it is the only bird that produces offspring in another birds nest. When the Cuckoo chick hatches it then murders the other chicks by levering them out of the nest. Still in the broad sweep of things nature is perfect. Why did God create mankind with our capacity for destructive behaviour of a terrible kind?

1 comment:

  1. Philosophical questions...making me ponder deep thoughts today :)

    ReplyDelete

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.