Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 January 2016

Ben Nevis from Loch Lochy

My recent painting of this iconic mountain.

Many years ago when my children were small I was camping with the family near here. One morning on emerging from our tent we were greeted by this stunning sight. I had climbed the Ben before but never had a view.
We packed up and raced over to Glen Nevis, pitched camp and I climbed the Ben by the north face and was rewarded with stupendous views.

Next day it was still clear and Jo climbed it while I looked after the children.
Next day it was STILL clear so I climbed it with Edward who I think was 9 or 10 at the time, a great achievement for him.
Three clear days on the Ben is not usual so we were very lucky indeed. Wonderful memories. I will probably not sell this painting as it will always bring those memories back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.