Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 November 2012

Open Heart

I was reading a book someone gave me recently. It is full of wisdom but one short passage made me think about the hearts response to emotional pain. I think it is true to say that for most of us the default response is to close down to protect ourselves. However I think the passage I mentioned and quote below is a more skillful and healing way to deal with it.

" Closing down in the midst of pain is a denial of mans true nature. A evolved man is free in feeling and action, even in the midst of great pain and hurt. If necessary a man should live with a hurting heart rather than a closed one. He should learn to stay in the wound of pain and act with spontaneous skill and love even from that place."

3 comments:

  1. I too would rather hurt than have no heart. And as for pain... I have come to realize that healing hurts. Sometimes we begin to go through a process of healing which opens wounds and causes pain. But some wounds must be opened up for the source of the wound to be removed, thus healed. Usually lies or half truths are what cause the wounds, and truth hurts at first, but then heals the wounds. I should write a book about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes healing hurts but a hurt that is not acknowledged is a festering sore which does not heal.
      Yes you should write a book about especially as you have insights to the causes.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you and Corine 100% - I would much rather hurt than have no heart. Great post Gerry.

    ReplyDelete

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.