Total Pageviews

Monday 29 July 2013

Iona Sacred Isle. Scottish West Coast.

Iona Sacred Isle
I have just spent a week on Iona staying at the Findhorn Foundation's cottage. Seven strangers came together to create a wonderful group dynamic.We were blessed with exceptional weather and I took advantage of that to swim from the white sandy beaches. The water was clean, clear and cold, very energizing!
I also painted a couple of pictures. This one is of Lagandorain ( now a hostel ) with the islands tallest hill behind painted in early morning light. The hill is called Dun I ( pronounced Dun-ey much to the amusement of Aussie visitors ) and I painted it from Croc an Suidhe ( hill of the seat ) which is reputed to be saint Columba's favorite spot..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.