Total Pageviews

Wednesday 28 March 2018

Plockton Scotland and Shakespeare



I went to see a wonderful interpretation of Julius Caesar by the Bridge Theatre last night. Today I painted Plockton on the west coast of Scotland. The only connection is that Plockton is on Loch Carron which is tidal. This reminded me of the famous line from Brutus which has always had significance in my life. " There is a tide in the affairs of man, which if taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea we are now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures." There have been many such tides in my life! If we are honest we have all faced choices in life which required courage. In these circumstances it is wise to be brave and take a risk rather than sinking into ' what if ' regret. Plockton is very special to me.Painting on canvas in acrylic ink and acrylic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.