Total Pageviews

Monday 23 April 2012

Ghost of Tomorrow

Another poem by Phil Cornelius from his book Shadowlands.


Ghost of tomorrow.


I am known here among the stones and bones of this soulless place.

I am the shiver in the wind; the tremble of panic in the wild bird's cry.
I am the silence when the mist rokes in; the shadows in a cloudless sky.

I am the shaft of light as the storm clouds clear.
The rustle in the heather that draws you near.

I am the smoke of past fires hung low on the breeze.
The sound of the ocean coming down from the trees.

I am the one behind who's never there,
Unseen echoes in the cold night air.

I am the spite in the rain when the East winds squall.
A glimpse of tomorrow through a hole in the wall.


To learn more about Phil Cornelius's work go to www.philcornelius.co.uk 

1 comment:

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.