Total Pageviews

Saturday 8 March 2014

T S Elliot

 We shall not cease from exploration
 
and the end of our exploring 
 
will be to arrive where we started
 
and know the place for the first time
 
My favourite quote/poem by T S Elliot. What does this mean to you? Sometimes when I meditate I like to really contemplate something like this. I turn it over in my mind, savour the wisdom, reflect on what it is that I know for the first time. What has my journey taught me? How far have I travelled away from the ultimate knowing before returning to true understanding. Who or what guides and guided me? Was the exploration neccessary at all? Do you have a favourite quote to which you return as a refuge, an anchor in the stormy sea of life?
 
My painting is of nature spirits. My guides.
www.chrisgauntartist.co.uk


1 comment:

  1. What a great painting and a great quote. Hm, I think that that quote means to me is that through exploring, we find ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.