Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 July 2011

Desire

I want to be done with this. I have no further need. Bureaucracy, tax inspectors, vat men. Away with them all. Accountants, bankers, solicitors, landlords. Away with them all.

I want the things that mean the most. Immeasurable things. Valueless valuable things. Unknownable things, unpossessable things.

I want to throw away things. Surplus this and surplus that. Donate this to that and that to this. Here take this. I have too much.

I want to simplify, to prune, to lighten. My needs are few. Less is more. Release the bonds.

I want to feel. Exhilaration. The fresh earth. The sun. The dew. The river. The vibrant interconnected pulse of life. The sea. The grass. The leaf. The insect. The mountain.

I want to close the doors. Hand in the keys. Say goodbye. Duty done. I enjoyed the fight. Now it's time. Let go.

I want to see, to feel, touch, glory in, be absorbed by... wonder. Muse on it. Absorb the beauty of love.

Mind unimpeded. Mind unclouded. By things.

The great escape.
Written when I gave up the day job and before I took the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.