Total Pageviews

Friday 15 July 2011

Was it a job? Three day walk


Sitting down for my evening meal on Sunday the 10th when I received a call from Dave Lunn of Lionheart Tours. Dave and I became friendly when he used to pass my shop in Osmotherley when leading groups of Americans on the Coast to Coast walk.

Dave had previously asked me to help with a group on the 24th or 25th July but at the time I felt unable to accept due to other commitments. Now he was asking me to join him for the last three days of his current tour, all expenses paid. However I would have to get down to Osmotherley on Monday 11th! After five minutes thought I agreed and we raced down to Osmotherley to join the group for their evening meal in the Three Tuns. It was great to be back in Osmotherley where I have many friends.

In the morning Dave said " Lead off and I will catch you up" Some hours later still no Dave and I guessed ( correctly ) that I was in charge of this group until we stopped for lunch.Was this a job interview by action I wonder? Thank goodness I didn't lose them! Dave did catch up ( by bus ) later.

We walked from the Blakey Lion on Wednesday and from Grosmont to Robin Hoods Bay on Thursday. It was a great walk, a great three days and a very nice group of people. So thanks Dave and if you are reading this I will shuffle those commitments and join you for the whole of the next tour.
Robin Hoods Bay at low tide
Robin Hoods Bay. The end of the Coast to Coast walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.