Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 January 2012

John O'Donohue. Divine Beauty

My son Julian bought me a book recently. It is titled Divine Beauty ( The Invisible Embrace ) and is by John O'Donohue the author of Anam Cara.

In an earlier post I referred to the universality of Spirit or higher and more beautiful energies. A quote from this book says it more eloquently than my post but it is exactly what I was alluding to.

Beyond the veils of language and the noise of activity, the most profound events in our lives take place in those fleeting moments where something else shines through, something that can never be fixed in language, something given as quietly as the gift of your next breath. Days and nights unfold in the confidence and continuity of sequence. Most days take no notice of us; but then every so often there is moment when time seems to crystallise. A voice changes tone and a deeper music becomes audible. A gaze holds and a hidden presence is glimpsed.

If like me you are drawn to a book that you can pick up, read a few paragraphs and then spend time thinking about the profundity of those paragraphs, then I recommend this book to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.