Total Pageviews

Monday 26 March 2012

Edinburgh Galleries and Botanic Gardens

Just spent a couple of days in Edinburgh. I had a good look round the galleries on Dundas street. I was amazed at the prices some galleries were charging for work that I didn't find very good and again how modest some prices were for excellent work. I know art is subjective but it did seem those artists with lots of letters and maybe an OBE behind their name could charge up to £36000.00 for a very ordinary splashy painting. I admit I don't have an educated eye but I know what I like as they say!
It was also my first visit to The Botanical Gardens and I wasn't disappointed. Again I do not know a lot about plants but I felt the wonderful energy of the trees and the whole beautiful garden with birds and squirels. Vibrant and bursting with life.
Edinburgh itself is full of little cafes, bars  restaurants, all full with no discernable lack of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.