Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 March 2011

New Art Connection

Today I was introduced by a mutual friend to a successful local artist S. G. I had seen S's work in a prominent gallery and rather admired it. During a visit to friends to donate one of my paintings as a house warming present S came up in the conversation and it turned out M was friends with S and M offered to introduce me. I had heard that S had five children and was therefore expecting a matronly lady even if somewhat energetic. Imagine my surprise when I discovered she had SEVEN children and was extremely attractive, slim and youthful. How on earth did she find time to paint and promote her work, look after a large house, seven children and a husband? I couldn't help but admire her energy and dedication.

We spent a very happy couple of hours chatting about painting, materials, styles and life in general. I came away with some art books and a feeling I had made a new friend. I must thank M for the introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.