Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 September 2011

Good Day With Puffball To Eat

I had a cycle ride to Elgin today to buy some paints. Despite a bad weather forecast it was in fact a very nice day, warm enough to enjoy without getting too hot. I dropped in on Kevin and Sheila for a coffee, they are such a nice couple, very welcoming. We had a very interesting chat about our mutual interest in Buddhism and I was stimulated to look up Stephen Batchelors web site when I got home. It was thought provoking and coincided with the direction my own thoughts are going.

Giant Puffball - Giant Puff-Ball with human
Giant puffball
On the way home I spotted an enormous Giant Puffball in a field as I was passing. This is one of the few wild fungi I risk eating and I know they are delicious so I hopped over the fence and harvested it. Will be frying shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.