Total Pageviews

Friday 2 September 2011

New Meditation Course

On Tuesday our Sangha started our fourth beginners meditation course. It runs for six weeks and we were over subscribed, having twenty participants responding to our advertisement. It was a little crowded in our venue but everybody was very good natured and we had a good positive first week. Suzie and myself lead the meditations and talks and we have excellent support from Maggie, Sam and Kevin. We are a very good team and the evident rapport between us is, I think, a good example of the friendships formed within a Buddhist Spiritual Sangha.

Some participants were interested in Buddhism and some came simply to learn meditation. I myself get an enormous satisfaction from these courses. I firmly believe that meditation not only improves the quality of the meditators life but affects in a positive way anybody around the meditator. So conscious that I do not give enough back to the world in so many other ways at least teaching meditation is a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.