Total Pageviews

Friday 2 December 2011

When I die

When I die the world will carry on?
They say.
But what could happen without me?
I say.

I am so important I cannot leave just yet
 I pay all my dues and taxes
 And joined the village choir



I recycle all my rubbish
 And vote in all elections
I help old ladies cross the road
and sometimes pick up litter

I read about the scandals
 In someone else's life
Will those of mine stay hidden
 Or will they come to light

Will anybody remember if I'm black or white
And does it really matter if I reached the heights
Or plumbed the depths and robbed a bank
And donated most to Oxfam

Oh yes I'm so important
I've been and done so much
I've learnt to cook and speak Chinese
And chaired the rugby club

I wash my car once every week
And mowed that pesky lawn
I'm sure I don't deserve to die
After all that I have done

But soon they'll help me cross that road
And nobody will remember
And even though I'm dead and gone
The world will carry on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.