Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Winter Woes


The snow has arrived with a vengeance now. Just as the winds bring down the last leaves from the trees so a gale of minor mishaps have descended on us. First we discovered a leak from the boiler which had damaged the floor. The leak was fixed by a plumber as no heating engineer was available. Then the boiler broke down and now we have to have a new one. At the same time the toilet broke and needed a new cistern. Then the heating at my studio flat needs a repair. Then a fault on my car and for a grand final ( so far ) the knife rack fell off the wall.

Observing myself in meditation this morning I am amused at myself for being stressed by these minor problems when the world is full of such suffering. So many people would be glad to exchange their problems for mine.I am indeed so fortunate and give thanks that I only have these things to worry about. My thoughts and compassion go out to all the people who are experiencing real problems and pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.