Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 January 2013

Unicorn in the Forest

Here is another Taoist free flowing painting. This one painted it self, almost like an early morning meditation in which thoughts arise from the subconscious. The paint flowed into a form and the form suggested some detail to me. It was like a sentence from The Heart Sutra ' Form is only emptiness, emptiness only form ' It was painted in three stages. The background colours of Permanent Rose, Lemon Yellow, Windsor Blue, Windsor Red or mixtures of were washed on. After drying the paper was wet with a spray and stronger colours were added and left to flow and dry. Then the detail added in Paynes Grey, Ultramarine and Titanium White. Finaly a spatter wash was added. If you are interested in buying this painting please contact me. My other art work can be viewed at www.chrisgauntartist.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting Chris! To answer your question that you asked on my latest blog post, I am not a Buddhist but I have actually been wanting to know more about Buddhism. It intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely one too, Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to get nice comments. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.