Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 January 2013

Fleeing the Fire.

I was inspired to paint this picture by a photo taken at a festival in Spain. It was so dramatic. A Horse and Rider emerging from a blazing fire. The painting is 40cm x 30cm and was mostly painted in watercolour. The background was painted in Lemon Yellow, allowed to dry before spraying with a little water into which I dropped or brushed Cadmium Red and a mixture of Light Red and Ultramarine. After drying the Horse and Rider was painted in acrylic using Burnt Sienna and a mixture of Light Red and Ultramarine.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite of all the ones you've had on here thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keith glad you like it. It is not often any artist is pleased with their own work ( the eyes are always drawn to any fault, mistake etc ) but I am quite pleased with this one!

    ReplyDelete

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.