Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 June 2013

Cat Stevens and Poppy Painting

I finished this painting while listening to Cat Stevens Greatest Hits. This shows my age of course. I hadn't listened to this CD for a very long time and what struck me most was that some of the lyrics were very spiritual. Previously I had merely thought them good catchy pop songs. Cat Stevens famously gave up being a pop star and converted to Islam. I now realise that this direction was evident in his song writing. I also realise that I continue to change and while superficially the same person as my younger self I am not. However I wonder if anyone can spot the difference between this finished painting and the unfinished one on a previous post and did the same person finish it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.