Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Barton Turf. Norfolk Broads.

This is a little corner called Barton Turf just off Barton Broad.( Broad is a type of Lake which was formed by human peat digging. The Broads lie in an area of wetlands fed by four rivers and is an area of outstanding natural beauty.)

On my recent trip to Norfolk I visited to lay down a sketch to paint. When I was a lad, many years ago, I used to fish here. I was delighted to find it looked just the same, a sort of time warp. I was taken back to that magical time. Watching my fishing float on the tranquil water was a meditation. It was a connection with the unseen reality beneath the opaque water, another world and the pregnant possibility that I could connect with it. In those innocent days everything was fresh and new and that little world was full of life, rustles in the reeds, splashes, plops and busy Moorhens and Ducks gliding by.

However of course nothing does stay the same. The two workmen in the foreground were busy renewing rotten staging. At least I was outlasting the staging but if it is true that all cells in our bodies are completely changed every seven years then I have been renewed at least seven times since being here.
It was raining so no painting but it was so peaceful I was happy to be there.

Maybe this scene can be the basis for a painting although it is a bit fuzzy.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.