Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 May 2012

Glen Affric Scotland painting

 I have worked a bit more on this painting. I have added another Birch tree on the right and a few pine trees just below the first ridge.

It has been pointed out to me that the tree on the left is too strong for the trees on the right? I kind of agree but it could be like yin and yang? the softness of the Birches complimenting the power of the Pine.


Someone else said it would make two pictures?

So leaving the physical picture whole I have digitally separated the painting. What do you think the pine tree only or the birch trees only.

Actually separating the two halves has shown me something else which could be improved!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the constructive suggestions. Three people have said I should keep all the trees. Graham Cryer of Picture Framers in Forres has made another suggestion regarding middle distance and I am going to follow this suggestion. I will post when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting is truly beautiful sir. How long have you been an artist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Keith for your kind comments. I have been an artist in a more serious way since selling retiring from my full time business in 2008. Prior to that I was too busy to paint for about 15 years.

    ReplyDelete

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.