Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 May 2012

The Void

Autumn in Oppland, Norway - Photo: Terje Rakke/Nordic Life/IN
On Friday I went with my friend John to Inverness to hear a lecture by Simon Yates. Simon Yates has explored and climbed in some of the most remote and hostile environments on earth. He also is notorious for making the horrific decision to cut the rope supporting his fellow climber Joe Simpson who had fallen and was dragging Simon to the edge of the cliff on a South American peak.
Joe survived against all odds and the story inspired a book and film called 'Touching the Void '

On the way home we discussed this and our points of view.
John yesterday gave me a poem entitled ' Risk ' which I think sums up our talk and I will publish it in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an inspiring story. I look forward to the poem sir.

    ReplyDelete

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.