Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Mole Moment

I am feeling really restless again! It is bitterly cold with a cutting wind but first thing this morning the birds were singing and chirping away. They know each day is one day nearer spring and they are connecting with the energy currents. The forgotten urge to mate is exciting them and they are restless too. Outside on the roof a male pigeon is all puffed up and is strutting and bobbing as he tries to impress a female, calling in that vibrational tone only used on these occasions. He looks ridiculous but as pigeons can have several broods a year my view is not shared by the female of the species!

I too am restless, anxious to be done with winter. I am like mole in Wind in the Willows who in the midst of spring cleaning couldn't resist the siren call, smell and currents of spring. He emerges into the meadow and is intoxicated by the wide world above his dark home.

I too can wait no longer in my dark burrow and must also emerge to savour spring with all it's excitement and promises. I want to cast off the tiredness of winter and feel the youthful vigour of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.