Total Pageviews

Friday 3 February 2012

George Harrison and Snowdrops. All things must pass.

I have been listening to more music lately as I find it hurts my recently laser ed eye to look at the computer, read or paint for long. There is always a silver lining in everything. I have reconnected with some of my really old music with delight. In particular I have been listening to George Harrison's All Things Must Pass album. This amazing and spiritual 1970 set issued just after The Beatles broke up showcased his repressed talents which had partly been overshadowed by the Lennon/McCartney song writing partnership. I also listened to his last album Brainwashed which was produced when he knew he was dying. This was not his best work ( perhaps the excellent Cloud Nine was ) and had an uncomfortable sadness about it. I could not listen to it all as the CD developed a fault half way through. Was this George reminding me that things are not permanent and all things must indeed pass?

I have also been taking long gentle walks and today the weather was fantastic, crisp and clear with amazing clarity of light. I noticed the Snowdrops and even some first yellow Celandines ( I think ) and was reminded that things pass but also come again. Winter turning to Spring. The world passing away and reforming, a reminder of impermanence a constant parade of beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Remember my dad being highly amused by you saying you had been ''plugged into George Harrison'' after you had been listening to this album first time around. Happy days !!!

    M

    ReplyDelete

Plesae leave feedback and comments. It would be nice to know you visited. Thank you.